Friday 3 April 2015

Departure by A.G Riddle Audiobook Review!



    Departure | [A.G. Riddle]
  • Written by: A.G. Riddle
  • Narrated by: Nicola BarberScott Aiello
  • Length: 9 hrs and 31 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook

  • Release Date:02-17-15
  • Publisher: Audible Studios
  • Purchase: Amazon/ Audible
  • Harper Lane has problems. In a few hours, she'll have to make a decision that will change her life forever. But when her flight from New York to London crash lands in the English countryside, she discovers she's made of tougher stuff than she ever imagined. As Harper and the survivors of Flight 305 struggle to stay alive in the aftermath of the crash, they soon realize this world is very different from the one they left. Their lives are connected, and some believe they've been brought here for a reason. In addition to Harper, several other passengers seem to hold clues about why Flight 305 crashed. There's Nick Stone, an American on his way to a meeting with The Gibraltar Project, an international group dedicated to building a dam across the Strait of Gibraltar and draining the Mediterranean. Sabrina Schrder, a German scientist who has unknowingly sealed the fate of half the flight's passengers. Yul Tan, a Chinese-American computer scientist who has just made the breakthrough of a lifetime: a quantum Internet capable of transmitting more data farther and faster than ever thought possible. His invention, however, does much more than he ever dreamed possible.
    With time running out to save the survivors of Flight 305, Harper and Nick race to unravel the conspiracy that crashed their plane. As they put the pieces together, they discover that their decisions have already doomed one world and will soon determine the future of ours.
  • My Thoughts : 
  • This was nothing like I expected! To tell the truth, I didn't know what to expect when I started it but what I got was an amazing experience. 
  • I'm not going to get into the plot in case I inadvertently spoil something so I'll just get right into what I thought. 
  • Harper is such an amazing Heroine. I loved that she was a writer!! Flight 305 is her first time in first class, which is where she meets Nick. I loved her voice and her thoughts. Despite being terrified when the crash happens, she still does whats needed with no hesitation. I loved her strength and her inherent niceness. 
  • Nick was so mysterious at the start. We didn't get a sense of what he did for a living and I thought he was maybe military. He was so strong, brave and dependable the whole way through the story. I really liked his character and was thrilled to see him show his feelings for Harper! 
  • Plot wise I found it to be so captivating and intriguing. The plane crashes and no one comes to the passengers rescue, which is weird, add in a barren place with very little life, a rebuilt Stone Henge and a London that's abandoned and you have the makings of a phenomenal book, and it was! I started reading (well listening) and I couldn't stop. There is so many twists and turns that you will be turning the pages as fast as you can to see what happens.
  • Anyway, I absolutely loved everything about this book. Both the plot and the characters were well written and developed. From it's intrinsic and intriguing plot to it's wonderfully written story, Departure is a must read. If this book is any indication of his work, then I can not wait to read more by him. Amazing.
  • I listened to the audio and it was fantastic. Both narrators did a brilliant job with the story. They gave it their all and it showed. They drew me into the story and made me a part of it. As I was listening to it, it played out like a movie in my head and I loved it. Highly recommend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment