- Narrated by:
- Length: 7 hrs and 59 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:04-03-15
- Publisher: Peggy McAloon
- Purchase: Amazon/ Book Depository/ Audible
Elle Burton is an ordinary kid... or so she thinks. She loves to wear pretty clothes, play with her friends, and finish her homework. On her 10th birthday she encounters Eunie Mae, a tiny, fairylike being who comes from a world called Fiori. She begins a journey that leads her from this world into another dimension through reflective portals where winged creatures called Fiorins are linked to all human life. Other than some children under the age of eight, the only human beings who can see Fiorins are guides - humans who have been chosen to help the inhabitants of Fiori protect the children of Earth.
Being a guide seems like the opportunity of a lifetime. Elle loves helping others, and now she'll have magical assistance. There are those who don't want her to succeed. Evil forces do everything in their power to keep the guides from offering support to those in need. Will Elle be able to unleash the magic in the pendant she has been given by the Fiorin leader Mother Blue or will she have to depend on others for solutions?
Elle is not sure she has what it takes to be a Guide. She questions everyone's belief and trust in her, especially when she stumbles into trouble. In spite of her fears and insecurities in her new role as a guide, she is always there when called upon to help children in trouble
Join her as she enlists the Fiorin warrior Amadeus and others to help her protect human children against bullying and physical abuse. The children Elle encounters are dependent on her decisions and quick responses. Travel with her to Fiori and discover magical foot lockers, spider elevators, and the beloved Pegasus. Join her crusade to protect the world's children.
Her journey to adulthood begins as she attempts to complete the three challenges, predicted centuries ago. She is a modern-day role model who embodies everything that is good in this world. Will she be strong enough to combat the problems children face in the 21st Century?
- My Thoughts :
- This was such a refreshing read. The summary says it all, so let's get down to what I thought!
- Elle (pronounced Ellie) is an awesome and worthy heroine. She is chosen to be a Guardian and despite being only 10, she takes on the huge responsibility. She has such a heart of gold that it's impossible not to like her. Being a guardian comes with a lot of responsibilities and hardship but Elle takes it all in her stride. She is definitely an amazing role model for kids.
- Plot wise, its quite fast paced. There is so much going on in this book, that it's hard to say too much more in case I spoil something so all I'll say is that I really liked the idea of the Fiorins and what they are there for. They are there to keep the children of Earth safe. They can only fly through a childs reflection and to most kids, look like butterflies. When a child is born, it's their job to reach the baby and kiss them, which gives the children kindness etc. The times they don't make it in time are the times that the children grow up to be bullies etc. It was such a unique and awesome concept!!
- Anyway, this was such a sweet book that it's hard not to like it. Everything about it will catch you imagination and not let go. It's a magical adventurous read and one that will stay with you when you finish. It's definitely a great book for kids to read and gives them an amazing role model as well.
- I listened to the audio and LC Kane did an amazing job with Elle. She really brought her to life, which is hard to do because Elle is 10!! It shows the narrators abilities to do a broad range of voices. She was a great choice for Elle and captured her perfectly.