Tuesday 14 April 2015

Time Of Death: Asylum by Shana Festa Audiobook Review!



    Time of Death Book 2: Asylum (A Zombie Novel) | [Shana Festa]
  • Written by: Shana Festa
  • Narrated by: Sarah Tancer
  • Length: 9 hrs and 39 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:01-23-15
  • Publisher: Shana Festa
  • Purchase: Amazon/ Book Depository/ Audible
  • Surviving the journey is just the beginning.
  • The last two months have brought nothing but death and destruction for Emma Rossi. She survived the initial zombie outbreak with her husband, Jake, and their dog, Daphne, but the cost was steep: Sanibel has fallen.In a world where the only constant is change, the group is pushed to their limits before reaching the gates of Asylum, a coastal stronghold in Sarasota, Florida.Once again, Emma must navigate an apocalyptic wasteland filled with relentless hordes of the undead and other menacing horrors that threaten her survival.Only thing is certain. No one is safe from what lurks on either side of Asylum's gates. Sanity will be tested; and many won't live to tell the tale.

  • My Thoughts: 
  • I loved book 1 of this and eagerly dived into it. I thought that the author couldn't top the first, but I was wrong!! She didn't just top it, she smashed it. This was amazing!!
  • Emma, Jake, his sister and brother all managed to survive the downfall of their safe haven but now they have to travel to the only known safe house, without falling to the zombies. Can they make it there alive and is the place all it's cracked up to be?
  • Emma is once again her plucky spunky self!! She is like a breath of fresh air amid a foul scent. She is the heart of the group and tries to keep them all together while keeping her sanity. Her bond with her dog is amazing and at times so funny! Daphne has such an awesome personality and it's so nice to have her in the book too. 
  • Jake is falling farther into himself and at the loss of a certain character, he seems to turn a corner, though not for the better. My heart broke so much for him and Emma and I just wanted to hug both of them. She is trying to stay strong for him but she also won't put up with his s**t either. I loved that about her!! 
  • The Asylum seems to be a wonderful place from the outside but when the gang gets there, they see it for what it is! I loved the fact that the author created a safe haven but added a twist to it also. 
  • There is a lot of new characters in this one but, in true Shana Festa style, there's a lot of death too! She sure knows how to make you love a character only to rip your heart out half way through the book!! She is an evil genius ;) 
  • Anyway, Asylum was fantastic. It's hard to find a good story thrown into a zombie book, but Shana Festa has managed it. She makes you become invested with the characters and world and has you turning the pages as quick as you can to see what happens next. I flew through this and now I'm kind of sorry I did, because I need book 3, like yesterday. This is an author to watch because her writing is amazing. While reading (well listening) to the book, I had so many feels, at times I was gasping, at times crying and at others I was shouting NOOOOO! If an author can manage to make you feel all that and more during a book, then you are guaranteed a winner! 
  • In all a phenomenal second book and one I know I will read time and time again. I can not wait for the next installment, though I may need time to get over book 2 first. My heart can't handle much more ;) 
  • I listened to the audio and once again, Sarah Tancer does an amazing job. She has Emmas personality down and knows when to give her all!! Highly recommend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment