Thursday 11 June 2015

Audiobook Review: Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision!



    Threats of Sky and Sea | [Jennifer Ellision]
  • Written by: Jennifer Ellision
  • Narrated by: Misty Daugherty
  • Length: 8 hrs and 50 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook

  • Release Date:01-22-15
  • Publisher: Jennifer Ellision
  • Purchase: Amazon/ Book Depository/ Audible
  • Sixteen-year-old Breena Perdit has spent her life as a barmaid, innocent to her father's past and happily free from the Elemental gifts that would condemn her to a life in the Egrian king's army--until the day that three Elemental soldiers recognize her father as a traitor to the throne and throw him in jail along with the secrets from his last mission as the king's assassin. Secrets that could help the king win a war. Secrets he refuses to share.
    Desperate to escape before the king's capricious whims prove to be her and her father's downfall, Bree bargains with him: information for their lives. It's a good trade. And she has faith she'll get them both out of the king's grasp in time.
    But that was before the discovery that she's the weapon the king's been waiting for in his war.
    Now time is running out. To save her father's life and understand her own, Bree must unravel the knot of her father's past before the king takes his life--and uses her to bring a nation to its knees.
  • My Thoughts:
  • An engaging and fast paced read. 
  • I've had this on my wishlist since it first came out so when I got a chance to listen to the audio, I jumped at it and let me tell you that the audio is fantastic!!
  • Breena was an awesome heroine. She has lived her life as a barmaid and pretty much oblivious to the outside world. She has heard of the Elementals but it hasn't affected her life, that is until some soldiers come. They recognize her father as a traitor and arrest him. They take Breena with them and from that moment on her life changes forever. 
  • As I said, she was an awesome character. She was brave, responsible, caring, smart and sassy! She is devastated that her dad lied to her but she doesn't hold it against him. She is determined to find out the truth no matter what and save her dad. She also knows her own mind and won't let anyone persuade her otherwise. She has a smart mouth but knows when enough is enough. She is everything you want in a strong level headed heroine! 
  • Then we have the love interest Caden. The prince who is torn between loyalty to a horrible father and feelings toward Breena. I loved Caden too. He is sweet, kind to Breena but so torn up about his dad. He has a duty to his people and hopes to one day fulfill it but how can he overcome his overbearing father! 
  • Plot wise, it was fast paced and intriguing. I love books with elementals in it and this was no different. I loved finding out all the different powers. I loved the twists and turns the author threw in, some I could see coming and some I didn't! The world building in this book was phenomenal. I loved the mythology behind the elementals and the author put her all into it and it shows. Her attention to detail and vivid descriptions make for an excellent read. 
  • In all this was an entertaining read. I loved everything about it and can not wait for the next book!! It doesn't help that this ends with a twist because now the wait is going to be longer!!! 
  • As I said already, the audio of this was fantastic and I think that is why I enjoyed it so much. Misty Daugherty did a great job with the characters and voices. She made for effortless listening. She brought across Breenas fighting spirit which I think was the most important part. I'm so glad I listened to it instead of reading it!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment