Monday 17 August 2015

The Last Town by Blake Crouch Review!


20423680Title: The Last Town
Series: Wayward Pines #3
Author: Blake Crouch
Pages: 285
Published: July 15th 2014
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer
Source: Netgalley
Purchase: Amazon/ Book Depository
Welcome to Wayward Pines, the last town.
Secret Service agent Ethan Burke arrived in Wayward Pines, Idaho, three weeks ago. In this town, people are told who to marry, where to live, where to work. Their children are taught that David Pilcher, the town’s creator, is god. No one is allowed to leave; even asking questions can get you killed.
But Ethan has discovered the astonishing secret of what lies beyond the electrified fence that surrounds Wayward Pines and protects it from the terrifying world beyond. It is a secret that has the entire population completely under the control of a madman and his army of followers, a secret that is about to come storming through the fence to wipe out this last, fragile remnant of humanity. 
My Thoughts:

We are onto the final book in the series!! Bummer. This series has been quite a ride and I'm sad to see it finish. 

With what has happened so far, you would think years have passed for Ethan, not so!! He has only been in Pines for 3 weeks and has managed to turn it upside down in that short space of time. Life as they know it is about to change forever and Ethan has his hands full. 

Out of all three, this is different, in that we have multiple POVs. We get to see the aftermath of Ethans confession through multiple eyes, which I quite liked. It added an extra layer to the story. We get to experience the abbies through a lot of different eyes and it made it more emotional. 

I can't possibly say all that I feel about this book because I will inadvertently spoil something. The best thing about these books is the suspense and not knowing so this is an incredibly hard review to write! There's so much I want to say but I'm not going to. All I'll say is there is the action packed, edge of your seat fighting, the emotional deaths, the devastating destruction and more poured into the final book. Secrets are revealed and the world as they know it is changed. And as for that ending!!!!! How could he leave it like that!!!! I was left reeling.

I honestly don't know what to say that I haven't already said about this series. This is a book that you will devour and be wanting more. It's a book that will wrap you up, mess you around and drop you with no thought of feelings. Assume nothing while reading this because Crouch will take those assumptions and laugh at them. He will throw twist after twist at you that will leave you gasping. I'm so glad I started this series, and now that I've finished reading them, it's time to watch the show ;) Amazing series that I can highly recommend.


2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that he managed to still have secrets left to reveal without being boring. Only three weeks! Wow. I had a feeling that this was the kind of story to have one last horrible surprise for the end. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I was impresses too!! It was really worth the read :)

      Delete