Welcome to my stop on the Super Freak by Vanessa Barger blog tour. This book sounds fantastic and I'm bummed that I didn't have time to do a review, but I get to share a guest post with you!! You can see the full schedule HERE.
Super Freak by Vanessa Barger Publication Date: October 13, 2015 Publisher: Tantrum Books Genre: MG, Fantasy
Thirteen-year-old Caroline is a freak. Her parents have uprooted her to a town full of Supernaturals. You’d think she’d be thrilled. But, with someone without a magical bone in her body, this daughter of tree sprites feels like even more of an outcast than she has ever before.To make matters worse, her new home is cursed. But when Caroline takes to investigating the mysterious and strange happenings of Harridan House, her BFF goes missing. Seems someone doesn’t want Caroline sticking her non-magical nose where it most certainly does not belong. Determined to prove herself, Caroline uncovers a plot to destroy her new hometown.Undeterred, Caroline can’t give up. But what’s a human without magical powers to do? Caroline better figure it out fast, before she loses everything she has ever loved and the whispers she’s heard all her life prove true: Caroline is a useless superfreak.
Link to Goodreads:
BAM | Chapters | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | TBD | iBooks
Top 10 Places my character would love to visit
- London, England – Caroline loves history (she gets it from her Dad), so she would definitely love to see the Crown Jewels and the place that has seen so much history.
- Walt Disney World – Caroline is a total Disney fan, so Disney World is high up on her list of things to see.
- Washington, D.C. – To discuss those stupid placement tests and how she really, really doesn’t need to take them. Again.
- Athens, Greece – Again, the history thing. And baklava!
- Paris, France – There have been rumors of a hunchback hanging out at Notre Dame again. Caroline thinks it’s all an elaborate hoax to draw in more tourists.
- Loch Ness, Scotland – Caroline really likes British history, but despite everything that’s happened in her world, people still don’t believe in Nessie. Caroline thinks this is a bit hypocritical. She’d like to take a look herself.
- The Grand Canyon – Who doesn’t want to see this? And she’d love to go on that glass walkway (even though she’d probably crawl on it)
- Salzburg, Austria – Secretly, she’s a big Sound of Music fan, so she wouldn’t mind seeing some of that in person.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania – It’s got a WORLD OF CHOCOLATE. Need we say more?
- Massanutten Ski Resort – Her BFF Diana and her Dad go every winter. Caroline thinks it could be fun. (or painful. Maybe both)
ABOUT VANESSA BARGER:
Vanessa Barger was born in West Virginia, and through several moves ended up spending the majority of her life in Virginia Beach, Virginia. She is a graduate of George Mason University and Old Dominion University, and has degrees in Graphic Design, a minor in Medieval and Renaissance Literature, and a Masters in Technology Education. She has had articles published in Altered Arts Magazine, has had some artwork displayed in galleries in Ohio and online, and currently teaches engineering, practical physics, drafting and other technological things to high school students in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. She is a member of the SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators), the Virginia Writer’s Club, and the Hampton Roads Writers. When not writing or teaching, she’s a bookaholic, movie fanatic, and loves to travel. She is married to a fabulous man, and has one cat, who believes Vanessa lives only to open cat food cans, and can often be found baking when she should be editing.
Giveaway Information: Contest ends October 12, 2015
- Five (5) winners will receive a digital copy of Super Freak by Vanessa Barger (INT)