Saturday 19 December 2015

Audiobook Review: Bury Me by Tara Sivec!


I hear screams in my head. I see blood on my hands. When I look in the mirror, I see a stranger.How is it that I can remember bits and pieces of my life, but nothing of any importance and nothing that makes any sense? Everything is twisted and nothing is right. I'm choking with every breath I take, suffocating on the unknown.Two days ago, everything changed. Two days ago, the people I should trust the most became strangers in my convoluted head. The dreams I have can't be real. The fleeting memories that whisper through my mind are scary and wrong...they have to be. If they aren't, I have something much worse to fear than my fractured mind. I need to find out the truth, even if it destroys me.I've been told my name is Ravenna Duskin. I'm 18 years old, and I live in a prison....

My Thoughts:

This was amazing! Tense, gripping and mind blowing, it's a must read!

Ravenna Duskin is 18 and lives in an old prison. She wakes up one day with no memories, covered in scratches and with a head injury. Her parents fuss over her but won't answer her questions properly. They keep telling her she is a good girl, but why is she having these strange dreams, why does she feel like this isn't who she is?

"My name is Ravenna Duskin, I’m 18 years old, I live in a prison and I’m pretty sure I’m not a good girl.”

Ravenna doesn't know who trust or who to believe. All she can do is try to peice together snippets of her memory and reactions from others. She has to find the answers before it drives her insane.

"My name is Revenna Duskin. I'm eighteen years old. I live in a prison and I will find out the truth, even if it destroys everyone around me."

Anyway, I finished this a few weeks ago but with my boys being sick, I never got around to the review till now, but this book wouldn't leave my head! I kept thinking about it and wanting to write my thoughts. Saying that, it's hard to say much about the plot because I could spoil something!! It's an incredibly intense and thrilling one, and the whole way through the book I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens. I honestly couldn't see where it was going and the ending was a shocker!! I had thoughts and ideas of what would happen and why she felt the way she did, but it never entered my head what really happened!! 

Ravenna was a hard character to like but once you read it, you will understand why!! She is one of the most complex, intriguing and fascinating characters that I've read in a long time. I didn't fully understand her till the end and when the big reveal came, it broke my heart for her!!! 

The plot was amazing. Creepy setting, tense, thrilling and often times creepy plot, makes for a great read!!! I loved it. I loved the little flashbacks with get from Ravenna and really thought it added to the mystery of the story. 

In all this was an amazing listen. It's my first by this author, but definitely won't be my last!! I loved everything about this and can't recommend it enough!!

Stephanie Willis was amazing. She really brought Ravenna to life. She portrayed the helplessness that she feels perfectly and gave me chills while listening to it. It was like she lived what she was talking about!!! She was simply that good!!!!!! If you want to read this book, I'd advise giving the audio a go.

*I received a copy of this for review. This in no way affects my thoughts.* 


No comments:

Post a Comment