Saturday 20 February 2016

Audiobook Review: The Tesla Legacy by Rebecca Cantrell!



    The Tesla Legacy Audiobook
  • Written by: Rebecca Cantrell
  • Narrated by: Jeffrey Kafer
  • Length: 6 hrs and 41 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:05-06-15
  • Publisher: Rebecca Cantrell

  • In New York Times best-selling author Rebecca Cantrell's sequel to the award-winning The World Beneath, software genius Joe Tesla confronts an equally brilliant and far more powerful foe.Still crippled by agoraphobia and confined to the tunnels under New York City, Joe is haunted by the fact that he cannot even attend his father's funeral. His father's death brings threats to the safety of Joe's underground home: guilt over the broken relationship that can never be healed, a mysterious box of papers inherited from eccentric inventor Nikola Tesla, and a ruthless enemy determined to steal those papers no matter the cost.Mystified by why his inheritance is so valuable, Joe and his service dog, Edison, follow clues left a century ago by Joe's famous ancestor to reveal the power of his family legacy. While Joe must rely on his considerable talents as a hacker, he must also reach out to friends.But whom can he trust as he battles to save his beloved city from...The Tesla Legacy?
  • My Thoughts:
  • While I really enjoyed the first book, this one just took my breathe away! Breathtaking adventure, tense scenes and the heart pounding action, makes for an amazing book!

    The synopsis pretty much tells all so I'll get straight to my thoughts. 

    One thing I love about this story is Joe and his dog. Despite his agoraphobia, Joe will do all he can to solve the mystery of the oscillator. He shows that even with the debilitating condition, he can lead a fairly normal (for him anyway) life. That even stuck in the darkness, he can push through. It did break my heart though to see what he went through when he sees the outside. Poor Joe!!!

    And as for Edison, he rocks!! Such a faithful, loyal and smart dog.

    As with the first, this is a fast paced, edge of your seat, ride and one you won't want to get off. The author is a phenomenal writer and captured my attention from the very first page. I loved how she brought the Tesla inventions into the story and found the inventions themselves to be fascinating. It truly shows how much effort and research she put into this book, but you know what, it was worth it because the story was amazing. I will be checking out more of her books!!!

    In all, this was an amazing second book filled with action, adventure and suspense. I loved the plot and how it came together, I loved the characters and how well written and developed they are and I loved the fact that it was so exciting and engrossing. I started this and found it hard to take out my headphones, particularly with what happened to Joe!! My poor heart was in my mouth! 

    This book, and indeed, the series is a must read!! I highly recommend and I honestly can't wait for the next installment in this fantastic series. 

    Jeffrey Kafer was as awesome as always. It's so easy to become engrossed in an excellent book, when you have such an easy to listen to narrator. Every book I've listened to that's read by him, he always delivers! If you are new to audios, I'd recommend listening to one of his narrations. 

    *I received a copy of this for review. This in no way affected my thoughts.*


No comments:

Post a Comment