- Narrated by:
- Length: 7 hrs and 12 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:12-26-16
- Publisher: ScareStreet.com
- Buy: Audible Audiobooks.com
- Ex-marine Shane Ryan is a ghost hunter whose troubled past haunts him almost as much as the ghosts he encounters in the line of duty. He's the best. And his reward for excellence? The punishment of being in high demand for jobs to eradicate the worst kind of ghosts - the kind that kill.
- His latest assignment is an idyllic island setting with sunny skies, crystal blue ocean and a venerable old lighthouse that makes the scenery picture perfect...except for the malevolent, murderous ghosts marring the living portrait. If Amy, the owner, wasn't Marie Lafontaine's cousin, Shane would have steered clear of Squirrel Island and its diabolical dead. But Detective Lafontaine is his do-or-die friend. He'd do anything for her. Even face Dorothy, the undead Evilena who kills anyone invading her unholy domain. Add two shipwrecked couples to the mix and Shane has more trouble than he wants to handle.
- Shane's mission is clear: rid the island of Dorothy and her band of undead while keeping his new charges alive. But how could he know that staying alive meant facing the worst evil ever imagined?
- My Thoughts:
- So Shane's back but this time he is dealing with something even worse!! He is asked to help with a haunted lighthouse, which seems easy enough, but it's anything but. This island is riddled with the dead. What could possibly happen to Shane on a remote island filled with the dead?? ;) Well, read it to see!!!!
Here's me thinking that Berkley Street was scary, well welcome to The Lighthouse!! A place that is so captivating, you won't want to leave, well Dorothy doesn't give you much choice!! If you enter her domain, you are there to stay. When Shane gets there, he realises the scope of the problem, but he knows that he will only be there a day or two and some one will check on him, when no one does though, and two couples wind up washed ashore, Shane sees that there is more going on than meets the eye. With people being killed, can Shane figure things out before it's too late!!
Shane is just as awesome as the first book! He visits the Lighthouse as a favour to Detective Lafontaine, otherwise he would have stayed away!! He really grows as a character in this book, he is brave, selfless and does what he needs to in order to survive and help others.
In all, this was terrifying!! Dorothy was truly evil!! Finding out what she was like when she was alive was heartbreaking, but pales in comparison to what she does when she is dead! Lighthouses can be creepy places at the best of times, but add in lots of ghosts, and you have a chilling tale that will leave you wanting to sleep with the lights on.
Thom Bowers really knows how to bring a terrifying tale to life. He ramps up the tension when needed and did a great job with the atmosphere. Really enjoyed his narration and need to check out more from him.