Tuesday 5 December 2017

Spartan Heart by Jennifer Estep Review!

36452680Title: Spartan Heart
Series: Mythos Academy: Colorado
Author: Jennifer Estep
Pages: 279
Published: December 5th 2017 
Source: For Review
Purchase: Amazon
New school year, same old problems . . . 
At Mythos Academy, everyone knows exactly who I am: Rory Forseti, Spartan girl and the daughter of Reapers. 
Even though I fought alongside my cousin Gwen Frost to save the mythological world from Loki and his evil Reapers of Chaos, I’m still the most hated girl at the academy because of all the horrible things my parents did. I had hoped that this school year would be different, but the other kids just won’t let me forget about my parents. 
But something strange is going on at the Colorado Academy. First, I run into a Viking guy who dislikes me more than most. Then I notice some odd artifacts in the Library of Antiquities. And worst of all, I start hearing rumors about a new group of Reapers who can summon mythological monsters. 
I might be the most hated girl at Mythos Academy, but I’m also the only one who can save it . . . 
My Thoughts:

Rory Forseti is hoping that this year will be different, after all, she helped defeat Loki, but unfortunately for her, people don't forget easy and since Rorys parents were Reapers, she is still being talked about, still without friends! But when artifacts start to go missing and there is talk of a new group of Reapers, Rory finds herself helping people again, even though they hate her. She isn't her parents and just wants people to realise this!

I'll start this by saying that I haven't read all the Gwen Frost books, most but not all! And even though I find out what happens with that series, I still absolutely loved this!!! I also loved that this is focused on Rory, because she totally rocks :)

Plot wise, this was fast paced, exciting, entertaining and thrilling. There's goddess, mythical animals, magical items, battles and sacrifices, there's secrets and surprises which all wrapped together, makes for one heck of a read!!

The characters are all well written and developed. I loved seeing Gwen and her sword, but I loved Rory more. She is such a sweetheart, despite what her parents were. I also loved what Rory got, Babs is amazing!!!! Getting to know Ian, Mateo, Zoe and Tanaka was awesome too. I can't wait to find out more about Ian.

In all, this was an amazing read. I love this authors mind and love the lore she uses. If you haven't read the Gwen Frost books, I still think you can enjoy this. While there us references to what happened before, this is still easy to follow and you can catch up quickly. A must read!


No comments:

Post a Comment