Tuesday 28 November 2017

Extinction War by Nicholas Sansbury Smith Review!

34848109Title: Extinction War
Series: The Extinction Cycle
Author: Nicholas Sansbury Smith
Pages: 464
Published: November 28th 2017 by Orbit

Purchase: Amazon/ Book Depository 
The seventh and never-before-published book in USA Today bestselling Nicholas Sansbury Smith's propulsive post-apocalyptic series about a soldier's mission to save the world.
An army advances...
In Europe, Master Sergeant Joe Fitzpatrick and Team Ghost return from a mission deep into enemy territory only to find that the Variant army has grown stronger, and they are advancing toward the EUF's stronghold in Paris. 
On the brink of Civil War...
Back in the United States, President Ringgold and Dr. Kate Lovato are on the run. The Safe Zone Territories continue to rally behind the ROT flag, leaving Ringgold more enemies than allies. But there are still those who will stand and fight for America. Commander Rachel Davis and Captain Reed Beckham will risk everything to defeat ROT and save the country from collapsing into Civil War.

My Thoughts:

I don't know what to say about this book to do this justice!!! It was phenomenal. Everything I wanted and more.

It's all out war, both with the Variants and ROT! The battle for Europe is still going strong and Fitz and Apollo are knee deep in it. The Variants there are bigger, badder and harder to destroy than what they had in America, and it's all Fitz can do to keep Team Ghost alive. Meanwhile, in America, Beckham is battered and bruised but still fighting, well just about!! Horn is trying to keep Kate safe, President Ringgold is trying to hold onto her country, safe zones are allying with ROT and things look grim, especially with the Hemorrhage Virus being used against them, but nobody will go out without a fight!!! 

This book just about broke me!! I was on the edge of my seat throughout and had such a hard time putting it down, but I also didn't want to keep reading because that meant that the series would end!! I wanted to devour it, but I didn't, I took my time reading it and just immersed myself in the War. I felt everything these characters felt, I cried with them and I laughed with them. I gasped, I was tense and I was terrified for them, I was completely captivated by these characters and their journeys. I'm sad to see it end, but also happy with the way it ended!! Not all the characters made it, and those that did were changed completely, but that's what makes it so good, so real!! That's what gives this series it's heart... the amazingly written characters!

The plot of this was extremely fast paced and intense!!  Right from the start, we are thrown into the action of fighting the enemy, both in Europe and America. And boy does it get tense!! So many times had me gasping and going, no, no, no, NOOOO!! Then there were times where I was biting my nails and waiting to see what would happen next, and what happened next would break my heart, but other times would leave me smiling and going, yes!!!! It was an emotional rollercoaster, but so, so worth it! I want to talk about Piero, but I can't, I want to talk about Davis, but I can't, I wan't to talk about Beckham, but I can't!! There is so much I want to say, but I can't because it will spoil things.

In all, this book was phenomenal. As I said already, it was all I wanted and more! It even surpassed what I was expecting!! It was action packed, intense, an edge of your seat ride, emotional, and absolutely brilliant!! My heart has been captured  by these characters and I do hope we see more from them, but if the author feels that their story has come to an end, then I'm ok with that!! Horn, Beckham and Fitz have come a long way and deserve a break ;)

Seriously guys, there are very, very few books that I recommend as passionately as I do this series. Go give them a go, you won't be sorry!!!



1 comment:

  1. A phenomenal end (or is it?) to an equally amazing series!

    ReplyDelete