Wednesday 5 April 2017

Audiobook Review: Blood Rule by Heather Hildenbrand!


    Blood Rule Audiobook
  • Written by: Heather Hildenbrand
  • Narrated by: Kelly Pruner
  • Length: 8 hrs and 46 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:03-09-17
  • Publisher: Heather Hildenbrand
  • Forty-six.That's how many hybrids survived the Hunter attack in the woods after I revived them with an injection of my blood. That's how many followed me home to Frederick Falls. And that's how many were now mentally linked to me through a blood bond.Two days. Three valium. Fourteen hours of sleep.That's what it took to realize I wasn't losing my mind as a result of the noise in my own head.Sixteen.That's how many days have passed since I almost killed Alex. That's how many days I've sat by his bedside, waiting for him to wake up. To ease the guilt, to understand his betrayal, to remember the exact shade of brown in his eyes.Zero.That's my chances of skating by with Gordon Steppe and the Hunter Council. They want me for questioning. I'm afraid what'll happen if I give them answers.Blood Rule is book four in the best-selling Dirty Blood series. Broken Blood (book five) is available now.

My Thoughts:

Seeing as this is book 4, there will be spoilers for previous books!!! So after the events of book 3, Tara is now the leader of a group of Hybrids and has no clue what she is doing, or what she will do. The Hybrids are only sane thanks to her blood, but they only have a tenuous hold on their humanity. With the help of George, she may be able to control them. She is also trying to figure her own life out at the same time!! Alex is in a coma, Wes is her rock but is jealous of Alex, and Tara is trying to also figure out her werewolf side. Add in the fact that Gordon Steppe wants to abolish the Treaty and kill all werewolves and Tara's life is out of control. 

This is another non stop, action packed read, though the shortest of all the books. Tara's life is changing quicker than she likes, yet he stays true to who she is. She is worried about her pack, about George, about CHAS, but most of all about Alex. He is still in a coma, with no signs of getting better. The guilt is eating her up. She doesn't know what to do!

I felt like Tara grew a lot in this one. She has so much responsibility on her shoulders now, that it's made her grow up. Don't get me wrong, she is still the sassy and feisty girl we saw at the beginning, it's just that she is realising who she is and her abilities. She is one of my favourite characters ever. 

Wes is as swoon worthy and awesome as always. Alex is in a coma for a lot of it, so we don't see too much from him. I have to say that I am so glad George is finally finding himself and getting over Tara. He is too nice a character to be pineing over her!!

In all, this is another winner from this author. She has the ability to grab you from the first page and keep you immersed in her world. It's a well written and developed read and one that will keep you guessing till the end. There is twist after twist, that will keep you on the edge of your seat!! It's a must read. Only thing is, it has a cliffhanger ending, so I need book 5 now!!! 

Kelly Pruner has Tara down perfectly!! She really brings across her spit fire attitude, but also brings across her indecision and insecurities perfectly. She reads the story great too, bringing across the tension, sadness and everything else brilliantly. 

Story: 
Performance: 

No comments:

Post a Comment