Check out Part One HERE, Part Two HERE , Part Three HERE, Part Four HERE and Part Five HERE.
- Narrated by:
- Length: 6 hrs and 59 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:11-25-14
- Publisher: Shea Norwood
- A chill runs through his skin as the phantom appears. He sees them everywhere . . . Eric Stark is not insane. Or at least he doesn't think so. He wishes everyone in Dust, Texas, felt the same way. But that's not going to happen since the whole town thinks he's crazy. Why didn't he keep his mouth shut? No one understands. Eric is alone as he battles his sanity in a town of tormenters. Suddenly a new friendship emerges after the new kid, Kyle Barrett, moves to town. Eric reluctantly reveals his secret. Is it a curse or a gift? He isn't certain, but with Kyle by his side he finds the courage to seek the truth. They soon realize that something sinister is descending on the residents of Dust. Is it caused by Eric's phantoms or is it something else? Is it connected to the mysterious death of hundreds of townspeople over sixty years ago? One thing is certain-only Eric and Kyle can save them.
- They set out on a heart-pounding adventure and find themselves transported to a disturbed and deserted version of their small southern town. They quickly discover that this new world has mysteries of its own to uncover. What they find could prove more than they bargained for, and it only leads to more questions. Eric and Kyle must face a horrifying fact-they may never get out alive. "We're gonna die here," Kyle muttered. "I don't believe that," Eric said. "And neither do you." Will they survive their encounter with these dark and mysterious beings? Will they find a way back home? Or will they be lost forever? The Vanished from Dust series is perfect for anyone who craves a hair-raising thriller packed with mystery and suspense.
- ©2013 Shea Norwood (P)2014 Shea Norwood
Is there anything you would change about this book?I would make it a little more fast paced. I got to 55% and struggled because it was so slow going.
Have you listened to any of David Dietz’s other performances before? How does this one compare?No but I will listen to more by him because he did an excellent job voicing the characters.
Any additional comments?I don't know what to say about the book, to be honest. For the most part I only liked the book at times and the rest of the times I was bored. The saving grace was the characters and the comradeship between them. I also liked the few twists that were towards the end. Even though I didn't love this book, I know plenty will. I would still recommend to people and I would recommend the audio as well because David Dietz was an awesome narrator.
- Narrated by:
- Length: 5 hrs and 6 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:11-18-14
- Publisher: Gryphonwood Press
- When several young girls are abducted from various locations in Edinburgh, Detective John Granger and his brother Alan, a reporter, investigate the cases from different directions. The abductor is cunning, always one step ahead, and the only clue he leaves behind at each scene are the brutalized corpses of black swans.
- When the brothers' investigations finally converge at a farmhouse in Central Scotland, they catch a glimpse of where the girls have been taken, a place both far away yet close enough to touch. A land known throughout Scottish history with many names: Faerie, Elfheim, and the Astral Plane. It is a place of legend and horror, a myth. But the brothers soon discover it's real, and, to catch the abductor, they will have to cross over themselves.
- To catch a killer, John and Alan Granger will have to battle the Cobbe, a strange and enigmatic creature that guards the realm, a creature of horrific power that demands a heavy price for entry into its world. The fate of both realms hangs in the balance... and time is running out.
- ©2014 William Meikle (P)2014 Gryphonwood Press
If you could sum up The Exiled in three words, what would they be?Tense, Surprising and Different.
What about Chris Barnes’s performance did you like?Everything. His voice was perfect for the story and he put a lot into his characters. His accent was amazing and his tone was perfect.Was this a book you wanted to listen to all in one sitting?I listened to it over 2 days but, yes, I wanted to listen to it all in one sitting.Any additional comments?This was one of those books where you go into it expecting one thing but are taken completely by surprise because its not at all what I thought. Two brothers, one a cop and one a journalist get caught up in a nightmare. When a girl turns up missing and the only clue is a dead swan and a lot of blood, both the brothers have no idea that this case will change their lives forever!
Each of the brothers bring something special to the story and they really gel well together. All the characters are well written and developed and the plot is fast paced and intense. I flew through the book and can only hope we see more from these brothers.
Anyway, overall, I loved The Exiled. The audio really brings the story alive and the narrator just grabs you from the first page and draws you in. I would totally recommend this book to everyone. Its one tense, thrilling and engrossing read!!
- Narrated by:
- Length: 6 hrs and 47 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release Date:12-18-14
- Publisher: Blood & Treasure
- Digging for bodies is easy. The trick is not becoming one.
- Maxim Dwyer is fed up. With the small town he lives in, the police force he works for, and the Seventh Sons: an outlaw motorcycle club that gets away with murder, literally. Since his wife's disappearance the detective has nothing left to lose, and rumors that the Seventh Sons are werewolves won't deter him any longer.
- Diego rides into town with a vendetta of his own. Although a stranger, he knows more about the wolves than he lets on. His reckless actions lead to a roadhouse brawl, a bloody attack, and a night in jail.
- Unable to back down, the two men expose some unsettling truths. Whether they are partners or rivals, one thing is clear: Maxim and Diego are both targets.
- ©2014 Domino Finn (P)2014 Domino Finn
Where does The Seventh Sons rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?It ranks up near the top.
What did you like best about this story?The action and intrigue!
Have you listened to any of Jason Jewett’s other performances before? How does this one compare?No this is my first. He did a great job voicing all the characters but I loved his voice for Diego.
Any additional comments?When I saw the blurb for The Seventh Sons I was intrigued. I've always been fascinated by the biker gangs because they are such a close group and very secretive. This sounded awesome and I'm so glad I got the chance to listen to it.
Maxim is a detective and has taken an interest in the local biker gang. Something seems off with them and he knows that no one else will try to get to the bottom of it because they are all afraid of them. Maxim was such an awesome character. He is struggling with personal issues but is not afraid to stand by whats right, even if everyone is telling him to stay away from The Seventh Sons.
Diego rolls into town on his bike only to end up in the local police station after a brawl turned deadly in The Seventh Sons club house. Maxim takes Diego to the station and learns some startling truths from him about The Seventh Sons. Diego is my favourite character, he is so mysterious and has a dark past that we learn about slowly.
Anyway, The Seventh Sons is one heck of a ride. From its well developed characters and action packed plot, its a must read. I started listening to it and had a hard time putting it down. Its such an intriguing and thrilling book and one that will stay with you. The author put his own spin on the werewolf lore which I loved and whats not to love about Werewolf Bikers!! I really look forward to reading more from these characters and highly recommend the audio of this!
- If you find my reviews helpful (or not), please consider voting for them on Audible HERE.