Saturday 22 February 2014

Deathsworn by Leah Cypess eArc Review!


18134740
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide   Goodreads_icon_32x32

Title : Deathsworn
Author : Leah Cypess
Pages : 352
Published : March 4th 2014 by Greenwillow Books
Source : Edelweiss

When Ileni lost her magic, she lost everything: her place in society, her purpose in life, and the man she had expected to spend her life with. So when the Elders sent her to be magic tutor to a secret sect of assassins, she went willingly, even though the last two tutors had died under mysterious circumstances.

But beneath the assassins’ caves, Ileni will discover a new place and a new purpose… and a new and dangerous love. She will struggle to keep her lost magic a secret while teaching it to her deadly students, and to find out what happened to the two tutors who preceded her. But what she discovers will change not only her future, but the future of her people, the assassins… and possibly the entire world.


My Thoughts : 

Ileni had everything, a life most envy, but now its taken a turn for the worst. She is losing her magic a little every time she uses it and she also lost the man she loved. Magic users and non magic users don't mingle so when she is offered a chance to go "teach" the assassins magic, she takes it. She knows she was only offered it because she is now expendable.  

The assassins follow the law of The Master to the letter! His word is law. When Ileni goes to the caves its with one mission in mind, to find out who killed the last two teachers. She has no idea what she is in for!! 

Ok, I finished this a few days ago and cant stop thinking about it. It was amazing! 

Ileni is a strong willed character. She has relied heavily on her magic and when she realises that she is losing it she doesn't have much choice but to accept the Elders offer. She goes to the caves with determination and dignity. She is in danger every day but never falters and always keeps a strong outer face. She is truly a heroine that you can look up to and I loved her character. 

Sorin was so mysterious! He is assigned to watch and protect Ileni but slowly starts to fall for her. He is the epitome of the strong silent type and is a deadly assassin. He is unfailing in his faith of The Master. If his Master ordered him to kill he would do it in the blink of an eye and without a thought.  

I loved watching the romance between Ileni and Sorin blossom. It was so subtle and slow building but so sweet. The chemistry was there straight away but both had trouble trusting the other at the start. It was nice to see it develop normally and not be one of the plethora of insta love stories. 

Now on to The Master!! He was for me the best villain I've read in a while. He was down right scary!! He is like the leader of a cult and has brainwashed the assassins to never question or doubt him. He is all knowing!! He shows his power to Ileni the day she comes to the caves. He orders one of the assassins to jump out the window and the assassin does it with no hesitation and a willingness that is creepy. He portrays himself as the good guy but is he really?

Overall Deathsworn was magnificent. The author has created a dark and deadly world of assassins and magic that pulls you in. This book hooked me from the start and I loved every word of it. Leah Cypess weaved a deadly tale with characters you immediately love. Her world building and ability to make you feel the atmosphere of that world was amazing. Its a story filled with secrets, lies, intrigue and mystery and will leave your mind blown with how intricate the plot is. 

I could ramble all day about how good this is and how much I recommend it but all I'm going to say is Read This Book Now!!! You wont be sorry.  



10 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome!! Great review hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, slow building romance? Sold. I'll definitely be checking this one out. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. Its so good and yes the romance was slow building and awesome :)

      Delete
  3. I need to get this! it sounds awesome, great review too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I loved this!! Its one I need to get the HB for my shelves :)

      Delete
  4. Uuuuh this sounds great!!! Never heard of it until now. Wants!!!

    slow building romance FTW! I love when that happens. Great review Nat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it was amazing Ana!!! I loved the world the author created and cant wait for book 2.

      Delete
  5. I am so freaking excited about this book, I feel like I have been waiting for it forever!! I love the cover and I love books about magic. So glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this so much and can't recommend it enough!! It was amazing. I'm definitely getting the HB for my shelves.

      Delete