Friday 17 February 2017

Audiobook Review: Primal Dawn by Ryan Kirk!


Tev is a hunter, one of the best in his clan. Trained since birth in the art of tracking and killing, Tev has never met a challenge he couldn't overcome. But when a mysterious fireball falls from the sky, Tev will question everything he has ever known. For the first time in his life, he isn't the one doing the hunting.
He is the prey.
Primal Dawn is the first short novel of the Primal Series, spanning centuries of conflict following first contact. Each novel tells a complete story in the ongoing saga of two cultures learning to explore the vastness of space together.
My Thoughts:

The first thing to catch my attention about this was it's cover. Very intriguing!! Then I saw who was narrating and I definitely had to listen. Andrew Tell is such an amazing narrator. He always delivers and is clear, concise and has a range of tones and cadences that always make the book come alive. Thoroughly enjoyed his performance in this one. 

When I first started this, I was a little put off with the POVs. It felt disjointed and I wasn't sure what was going on. But the story came together and clicked and I realised that the author set an amazing scene and had me gripped from the get go. I thought the POVs was switched from Earth to the Space Ship, but I was confused because they were on about Earth being destroyed. But it finally clicked and I realised who Tev was. It's a nice change of pace when humans are the aliens ;) Lol. 

The world building was awesome. I loved finding out about Tev and his world, I also loved being on the ship and following those characters and finding out their story. The world building is expertly written and developed and I really hope we see more!!

The characters are another major bonus. Each were well written and developed, and I was rooting for each for different reasons. I don't want to go into too much detail about them as this is a story that's best experienced first hand, but I will say that I loved Tev. In fact, there wasn't a single character I didn't like. 

Even though a whole lot didn't happen in the book, it was still a fast paced and entertaining read. I listened to this in a day and didn't want it to end. I really hope there is more planned for this and it will become a series. Highly recommend. 

I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment