Tuesday 15 January 2019

Carbon by AJ Eversley Audiobook Review!



Purchase: Amazon / Audible 

“I’ve lost everything - my humanity, the man I loved - but I won’t let them win. I will not give up and I will fight back…because I made a vow and I intend to keep it.”
Sawyer spent most of her life hunting the very thing she has now become. No longer the Watcher she once was, Sawyer struggles to make sense of her new identity. Though she has new powers and abilities, she is also tied to the control that comes with those powers.
Desperate for help and answers, Sawyer travels to the United Isles with Max in search of an ally. Not only must she learn to harness her new abilities, she must find a way to mend a broken heart. Help comes in unexpected ways, and though she is ready to fight back, it's not going to be easy.
Strangers will become allies. Lovers will become enemies. And a destiny formed before birth unfolds.
The epic journey continues, and the war for the human race draws ever closer. Join the resistance in the next chapter of the Watcher series.


My Thoughts:

Sawyer and a group of others fled their home and made their way to the United Isles. They are hoping to make a home here and Sawyer is hoping to learn how to tap into her Carbon abilities. That's all I'm saying in my summary because I'll spoil something!! 

I  should give this 4 stars because I loathe love triangles and tend to keep well away from them, but I can't, I have to give it the full 5 stars because it's just that good, even with a love triangle of sorts!!!

I loved Sawyer in the first book, and loved her even more here. She became the thing he hunted, and has to deal with that. The first bit of the book focuses on her trying to come to terms with this and all it entails. She never for one moment thought she would become a Carbon, but she shines as one, and I loved seeing her come into her abilities. It just made me like her more. 

Coleman has control over Kenzie and he isn't who I grew to love in the first. I felt so sorry for him when he starts to realise some things!! My heart broke when he met Sawyer. I want to say why but I'm not spoiling anything! Even if he isn't the Kenzie of the first book, he is still a strong character and I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing where his story takes us. 

The plot flowed nicely and the pacing was perfect. The descriptive writing made it easy to picture the Isles and the battles etc. I found myself lost in the world the author created and few through the audio. I need the next book ASAP though!! 

In all, a excellent read, even if there is a love triangle!! ;) I can understand why there's one, I just wasn't happy about it. I urge you to check out the series!!

I love the dual narration and both narrators do an amazing job. Chelsea Stephens reads this with plenty of emotion and makes for an amazing Sawyer. The only thing I saw though was that her voices for the females are fairly similar! Steve Campbell also did an awesome job. He reads Kenzie so well and his voice for Max and Coleman were great. Can't wait to hear them in the next edition!!

I was given this audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.


STORY: 


NARRATION: 



No comments:

Post a Comment