Saturday 19 January 2019

Spine Chillers: The Firefly by Nancy Gray Review!

43206989Title: Spine Chillers: The Firefly
Series: Spine Chillers
Author: Nancy Gray
Pages: 57
Published: November 19, 2018
Source: For Review
Purchase: Amazon

Leila sister has come down with a terrible fever that the doctors can’t explain. It started with the fireflies that mysteriously appeared in November, and then when she was visited by “the bug man.” When Leila confronts the FIREFLY that has made her sister sick she must make a terrible choice to save her sister or offer it another victim to satiate its terrible appetite! The monster needs to feed on blood and it needs another body to inhabit. His eyes are set on Leila!

My Thoughts:

Leila sees fireflies outside her window, which is odd because they usually don't come out at this time of year. She catches some and leaves them in a jar overnight. When she wakes it's to see that one of the fireflies had eaten all the rest. Disgusted, she lets it go. After that, she starts to see a bug man, but it's not till her little sister starts to get seriously ill, and she sees the bug man feeding on her, that Leila realises she needs to find out what this is and how to get rid of it. 

This is the fourth book I've read in this series and I'm not sure if I'll go any farther. As I've said in the previous reviews, the bullying really bothers me. It's the same here, though a little different than the other three at least. Leila is bullied and again, never says anything to anyone! At least something happens here to the bully, but I still didn't like that every single character so far has been bullied! 

I liked the idea behind the bug man and enjoyed finding out about it along with the characters. He was sufficiently creepy and I found the lore of him fascinating. Leila was a strong character and she was nice too, which is great. She has to make an extremely difficult choice and makes the right one. Ian and Duane make an appearance which made me smile!! 

In all, a good read. I will have to think twice before I go ahead with any more because I'm annoyed and fed up with the bullying. I've been through it with my son and know how it affects people. I also know that you make it your business to stop it!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reviewing so many of my books! I really appreciate the feedback. I actually wrote a blog about the presence of the bullies in some of the books. I thought I'd give you a link just so you could see why I chose to do things the way I did in my novels. I hope it clears some things up and I hope you enjoy it. If you enjoyed the books you've read so far, please take a look at "Spine Chillers: The Scarecrow" and "Spine Chillers: Big Bad Wolf" too. I think you might like those a little more as there aren't any bullies.

    https://nancygray.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete