Friday 18 January 2019

Spine Chillers: Empty Eyes by Nancy Gray Review!


42630236Title: Spine Chillers: Empty Eyes
Series: Spine Chillers
Author: Nancy Gray
Pages: 70
Published: October 26th 2018
Source: For Review
Purchase: Amazon

“You will face a difficult task in the future. The card is reminding you that every person has a part of themselves they like to hide. Even when times are hard, you must not lose yourself.” 
Ian frowned as Mrs. Marcas read his fortune. The school Halloween carnival was supposed to be the highlight of Halloween, but something about the card he picked seemed ominous. As he headed for the storyteller, things quickly took a turn for the worst when the school bullies chased him into an abandoned house. Inside, the children with EMPTY EYES decided to make Ian their friend. A black living mass twisted and coiled in his chest and closed in on his heart. Time was ticking away with every infected beat, and if Ian didn’t act quickly he really would lose himself forever.

My Thoughts: 

Ian is at a school carnival one day when he is attacked by bullies, desperate to get away, he runs to an abandoned house he knows he should stay away from. One of the bullies come in and Ian creeps up the stairs into a bedroom. There he is shocked to see two children already in the room. These children are incredibly creepy and Ian feels like he could deal with the bullies easier than these two. But the children don't want him to leave until he says he will be friends with them. Little does Ian know that this will change him!!

Of the previous Spine Chillers books, this is by far my favourite! It was incredibly creepy and was a much faster pace than the other 2. The old house and the descriptions of the children was frightening and gave me chills! Having creepy kids in your books always makes it creepier in my opinion!! Ian is awesome and I was rooting for him. 

Ugh, again with the bullying!! It's seriously annoying me that the bullies seems to be targeting a big group of kids and none of them are telling, especially because the bullies are getting physical. It's really dampening my enjoyment of the books because (as I said in the previous two reviews) I feel like it's such a bad message to send to kids. I have one more of this series to review and I'm sensing a theme. I will be optimistic and hope that the bullies are dealt with, but I highly doubt it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment