Skin and Bones
Published by: Crimson Tree Publishing
Publication date: June 7th 2016
Genres: Adult, Paranormal Romance
Teens are turning up dead, and it will take a special team to catch a killer.
Derek Doyle has been a member of the Paranormal Investigations Team since the monsters revealed themselves to the world. Considering that he thinks a monster is needed to catch a monster, he’s definitely in the right place. As a lone wolf not used to letting many people in, neither man nor beast was prepared for the effect consultant Dr. Ever Chace has on them.
Growing up human in a world of supernatural creatures, Dr. Ever Chace has always felt a need to be special, to stand out. When asked to consult on a case where teens are being brutalized, she relishes the chance to make a difference and help stop a monster. But working alongside a wolf who she’s so drawn to could be the beginning of something Ever might never have envisioned.
Fate and Destiny have a funny way of creeping up on you when you least expect it. With a murderer on the loose, Ever and Derek will have to put their attraction to one another aside while the hunt continues.
Easier said than done… right?
They left the station and made the short journey to his car. Again, he opened the door for her, and she slid in with an easy smile. He rounded the car and slipped into the driver’s side. Derek started the engine and reversed, edging the car out of the parking spot before he snuck a peek at Ever.Her eyes were closed, and the faint sound of her breathing was all he heard as Ever fell asleep beside him. He had no idea where she lived, and he was loathe to wake her.
Home, take home, the wolf spoke to him, projecting his thoughts into Derek’s human mind.
With little option left, he drove the car to his house close to the airport and parked. Getting out of the car, he went around, opened the passenger door, and very carefully hoisted Ever up into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. His wolf howled its approval as the soft heat of her breath danced on his neck.
He shuddered under the intense feeling of pleasure that rippled through him, instantly feeling guilty because of the horrors the poor teens had been subjected to. But as Ever’s breathing deepened and dusk began to settle on the city, Derek strode into his house, startled by a stunning realization. This woman in his arms called to him on a most primal level and captivated both man and wolf.
Goddamn it—he wanted to keep her.
Top Ten List
What are your 10 favorite books?
- Stray by Rachel Vincent- This way my very first paranormal book that I read and instantly fell in love with the genre. Faythe make me crave for strong, fierce female characters and I haven’t looked back since.
- Kiss in the Dark by Cat Clarke- I have read a couple of Cat Clarkes books and loved them, each stand-alone so emotionally captivating, but Kiss in the Dark made me cry, laugh and wish I could change what was happening with each word. I don’t stray from the paranormal genre much but Cat Clarke is one of my top picks if you want that emotional rollercoaster.
- Succubus Blue by Richelle Mead- Another of my first paranormal series and I loved the idea of a reluctant succubus. The Character of Georgina, flawed yet powerful appealed to me ...plus she worked in a bookstore which, let’s be honest, is almost the perfect job to have besides being an author.
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa- There are a lot of books out there about the Fey but for some reason this book sucked me in where no other could. I loved the characters and the depths of their personality and how the story still kept going strong as it came to an end then reignited with the spin off series.
- First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones- This series was laugh out loud good. I loved the ADD personality of Charlie and the rest of the crazy gang. Each book brings with it tears, laughs, and wasted afternoons reading chapter after chapter.
- Angels Blood by Nalini Singh - I adore this series so much. And Angels blood allowed me to feed the need for a kick- ass heroine who remained true to herself despite the Archangel who was used to getting his own way. Elena is loyal to those she calls family and it is a very endearing trait.
- Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs- While I loved the Mercy Thompson series, I have always been intrigued by Charles Cornick and on Cry Wolf, not only did we get to know more about Charles but we got to meet Anna, a turned wolf who was tortured and abused but had the strength of character to never be that powerless again. I’m not really a romantic but the love these two share and how they better each other makes even a cynic like me hope!
- Lover Awakened by J.R Ward- I love this book because it shows that someone who everyone deems as broken can be put back together again. The story is gripping, the characters bringing a truck load of emotion with it.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead- Yup Richelle Mead makes the list again! I love vampire’s and this was a completely different concept then I had read before. I think it was my first introduction to YA. I loved the sarcasm and wit as well as the fierceness in which Rose fought for those she cared about.
- Throne of Glass- Sarah J. Maas- This series captivated me from the get go. I loved how powerful Celaena is and the unlikely bonds she forms. A story of epic proportions that propelled itself onto my top ten list.
Susan Harris is a writer from Cork in Ireland. An avid reader, she quickly grew to love books in the supernatural/fantasy genre. When she is not writing or reading, she loves music, oriental cultures, tattoos, anything Disney and psychology. If she wasn't a writer she would love to be a FBI profiler or a PA for Dave Grohl or Jared Leto.
Susan Harris is the author of Shattered Memories.
Blitz-wide giveaway (INTL)
- Clean Teen Publishing Mystery Box (Intl winner would get eBook prizes)