Tuesday 29 December 2015

Mini Reviews: This Monstrous Thing & The Cage!

22811807

Mini Review: A masterful imaginative retelling of Frankenstein!

I find that the steampunk genre is hit or miss with me, so I went into this a little hesitantly but also eagerly to see how the author can mix Frankenstein with steampunk! It turns out that she can do it awesomely!!!

It took me a little while to get fully into the story but once I did, I devoured it. All the characters are well written and developed and the plot moves along nicely. It's hard to believe that this is the authors debut novel and in my opinion, makes her one to watch. This had a lot going for it, it was intriguing, captivating and imaginative and I can safely say that it's one to read.

16071187

Mini Review: A unique and engaging read.

This sounded so so good and it was one of my highly anticipating reads. I went into it eagerly and while I enjoyed it, I also felt disappointed. What let me down the most was the love triangle, sigh!! I hate them so much and tend to steer clear from them but didn't know this had one! I get what the author was doing but the love triangle was unnecessary.

Other than that, I enjoyed this. Loved the idea of the human zoo and the idea that they had to solve puzzles inside to earn things. I also loved the idea of the other places people were kept, it was unique and brought something new to the book. The setting was another plus for the story, though I wanted a little bit more otherworldly feel to it.

In all a unique read and I will definitely keep reading the series to see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. This Monstrous Things sounds AMAZING! A like retellings and this sounds that it does it right :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete