Death by Social Suicide by Karen Anne Publication date: February 13th 2015 Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Synopsis: The night Brittany Wakefield kissed her best friend, Jaime, she lost everything. Who knew one amazing moment could send him running— spinning a web of deceit and avoidance for two years. Stepping onto campus, she’s ready to win him back, even if it involves pledging a sorority she has no interest in.Erik Draxton fell hard for Brit the moment she walked into the art room. With vibrant purple hair, music in her veins and a rebellious flair, she’s all he’s ever wanted.While Jaime shrouds himself in secrets, Brit finds herself longing even more to be a part of his world. Unable to watch the girl of his dreams get tossed to the side, Erik decides to take matters into his own hands. But when Erik crosses a line, Brit feels backed into a corner, and discovering Jaime’s secret leaves her devastated.With a shattered heart from Jaime, and the risk of losing Erik on the horizon, she knows one thing: navigating the social circles can be a suicide mission.
Purchase (only .99cents during the blitz!):
barnesandnoble.com/w/death-by- social-suicide-karen-anne/ 1121184188?ean=9781507734322
Death by Social Suicide centers around a twelve year friendship between Brit and Jaime. It got me thinking of how every girl should have a guy friend. What do you think? Do you have a Jaime in your life?
Why Every Brit needs a Jaime
- A lot less drama! Guys tend to be more laid back and don’t overthink things. They go with the flow, which is a nice change of pace sometimes.
- You can geek out about things like Star Wars trailers, video games, and fantasy novels without having to explain yourself.
- You can go on dates— prom, weddings, etc., without having to worry about expectations.
- You always have a drinking buddy, so you never have to worry about drinking alone.
- He can always give you the guy’s POV when it comes to your relationship problems.
- You can eat whatever you want in front of him, and relish in the fact that the food is often greasy.
- He’s protective of you in an adorable big brother way, not a creepy possessive way.
- You can lay your head on his shoulder while watching a movie without him taking it as a signal to start stripping.
- He’s held your hair while you puked, and you both know it wasn’t the first time nor will it be the last.
- You’ve shared the good times and the bad, and you wouldn’t trade a second of it. He’s your person.
KAREN ANNE is a New Adult Contemporary Romance author who lives in New York. She loves cats, coffee and deeply misses 90’s grunge.
Karen is also known as Kat Daemon, Paranormal Romance writer and lover of all things dark and twisty. You can find out more about her at www.katdaemon.com
- 3x $5 Amazon gift cards (INTL)
- A guitar pick necklace engraved with a quote from the book (US only)