Saturday 7 December 2013

Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie Review!

9773058

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide  Goodreads_icon_32x32

Title : Crusade
Author : Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Pages : 470
Published : May 3rd 2011 by Simon Pulse
Source : Purchased

The ultimate battle. The ultimate love.

For the past two years, Jenn has lived and trained at Spain's Sacred Heart Academy Against the Cursed Ones. She is among the few who have pledged to defend humanity or die trying. But the vampires are gaining power, and the battle has only just begun.

Forced to return home after death takes a member of her family, Jenn discovers that San Francisco is now a vampire strong-hold. As a lone hunter apart from her team, Jenn is isolated—and at risk. She craves the company of her fighting partner, Antonio: his protection, his reassurance, his touch. But a relationship with Antonio comes with its own dangers, and the more they share of themselves, the more Jenn stands to lose.

Then Jenn is betrayed by one who was once bound to protect her, causing her to doubt all she had held as true. To survive, Jenn must find the courage to trust herself—and her heart.


My Thoughts :

I first read Crusade when it came out and I loved it and at this reread I love it even more!! 

The world the author created is dark and dangerous. The vampires have outed themselves and the world responded by going to war with them but they were defeated so now the vampires rule the world so to speak. There are a few schools that train Hunters and a few resistance cells. One of the schools is in Spain and Eriko is The Hunter along with her team Jamie, Holgar, Skye, Jenn and Antonio(the only "good" vampire known).

I love everything about this series. The characters are all flawed and the vampires are all blood thirsty! Jamie is such an argumentative person and so snarky but it makes him likeable. Holgar is one of my favourite characters. Skye is a white witch struggling with what she is doing to help the cause. Id highly recommend this series!!





2 comments:

  1. yay!! Finally someone I know that has read this book and recommends it :D
    I got it from my sisters for my birthday this year but I didn't know if I should start it soon or not. This helped :D
    Thanks Nat :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series. Its different but so so good. I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete