Title : Since Inception
Author : T.R. Graves
Release date: December 9th 2014
Synopsis via Goodreads:
After discovering she has a problem worse than anything she could have ever imagined, Rainey Billows longs for the past—a time when she thought she was just a sadistic sleepwalker. Worse yet, this problem has been with her since inception.Buy Links:
Rainey, a woman who's suffered an entire lifetime of pain and humiliation because of her sleepwalking, is financially desperate when she takes in Carter Dodson as a boarder. With his presence in her house and her attraction to him, her internal conflicts, ones she's usually able to ignore, swim to the surface and take control. Before she knows it, her sleepwalking moves to a completely new level, and she's doing things she'd never thought possible.
In fear for Carter's life and without options, Rainey sentences herself to a nighttime ritual that would appear barbaric to others. In her mind, it's essential because, unlike anyone else, she knows firsthand the types of atrocities she's capable of in her sleep.
Carter, a man branded as unconditionally loyal by his friends, knows very little about Rainey but decides early on that she's a woman who has no one… a woman who needs someone. He commits himself to being that person for her. As soon as she makes her first request of him—to ignore her and her nighttime rituals no matter what she says or does—he reconsiders his pledge before quickly reminding himself he can't abandon her. She's had enough of that.
Months later, study, research, and theories are not enough, and standing by is no longer an option. Carter suspects what's wrong with her. What she is. With his suspicions in tow, he searches out and enlists the help of Luke, a childhood friend who's fast-tracking his way to priesthood. After a series of unforeseen and life-threatening events, the two men learn that even the Almighty himself may not be able to help Rainey.
5 Things You Need to Know About Since Inception (Vanishing, #1):
- The seemingly benign story is anything but normal. It's filled with witches, warlocks, demons, hellhounds, sirens, wizards, and haunted houses. It's a story within a story, one that will keep you on the edge of your seat and sleeping with the lights on for at least a few nights.
- The premise began with the vanishing twin theory, also known as fetal resorption, whereby a fetus in a multi-gestation pregnancy dies in utero and is completely reabsorbed by the remaining twin. Once I read about that phenomenon, I was off and running with a story that couldn't be stopped.
- Since Inception includes two of my favorite alpha male characters, Carter and Soule. The hardest part of writing this series is choosing who will win Rainey's heart and her loyalty. They've both endured unspeakable traumas in their lives, give unconditional love a new meaning, and are unbelievably beautiful. *sigh*
- There is a bedtime story within the story, one that merges with the actual story and answers questions the reader won't even realize they have until the two co-mingle.
- Since Inceptions' cover art was created by Claudia McKinney of Phatpuppy Art and its typography was done by Catriona Crehan (Catriona is Claudia's daughter).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
T. R. Graves, the author of Warrior, Secrets, and Still Standing series—currently available—and Vanishing and Underwater series—to be released next year—is a 2012 & 2013 NaNoWriMo Winner.She lives in Texas with her husband, their nineteen-year-old daughter, and nine-year-old son. Besides being blessed with a supportive family, she counts her career as an administrator and registered nurse in not-for-profit hospitals among her most fulfilling accomplishments.