Wednesday 31 December 2014

Smolder by Kelbian Noel Review!

17382205
Title : Smolder
Author : Kelbian Noel
Pages : 202  
Published : August 31st 2014
Reviewed by Ailsa
Purchase : Amazon  

The Blurb


“Calida Cevallos has never been special. In fact, as far as she’s concerned, there isn’t an exceptional bone in her body. But, this summer, she’ll discover extraordinary literally runs through her veins.

I’ve always been a burden. The girl people put up with, the one they tolerated. When I finally found someone who actually wanted me around, I couldn’t have be happier. But lately something’s been bubbling at the surface. Something wants to break free…and I’m afraid it’s me. 

I love him. And, for a time, I thought I needed him. Now I’m not so sure. These days, I get the feeling I’m the one who’s needed. By whom? I’m about to find out.”

Summary

Calida is an orphan. Her parents were killed in a fire. From the age of 13 she has bounced from foster home to foster home with no memory of her earlier years.
She meets Ramon who saves her from a burning building and from then on, they have been inseparable. 

Out of the blue, Calida is contacted by a solicitor. He has items that had been left by her family (a house, money and a small green book). As Ramon is away working, Calida decides not to tell him about any of this. She wants to explore this on her own. 

She visits the house which has been left to her and is surprised with how much she likes it. On one visit she is attacked by a cat, which from then on refuses to leave her side.

When he returns, Calida informs Ramon that she wants to look into her family and asks if he would be willing to visit Raleigh with her in search of any information about her family and who she really is. Ramon is unable to go, so Calida decides to go alone.

She boards a bus heading to Raleigh, but is distracted by the cat (which has somehow managed to get on the bus with her). She gets off the bus and the cat runs away. Calida goes searching for it, but gets lost and misses the bus. 

Now, Calida is stuck in a small town for days and upon exploring it she realises its special.
Follow Calida in her adventure, in discovering who she is, where she comes from and all about her family.

Ailsas' Thoughts

I loved the first two stories and was definitely looking forward to reading this third instalment to the Witchbound series.

Calida is a remarkable girl, who despite her life’s ups and downs she is able to overcome her fears of being alone and most importantly, being independent. 

With a slightly complicated love life and various family surprises along the way, Calida is in for one hell of a ride.

All I can say is if you are a fan of fantasy, romance, friendships, magic and more, then this is DEFINITELY the book and the series for you.

I would recommend this series to anyone from a Young Adult age and over. If you like Charmed and Witches of East End then this is the right series for you.

I rate this a  5 out of 5 for both the book and the series. 




4 comments:

  1. This wasn't even on my book radar, but it sounds fantastic!

    Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds awesome!! Ailsa did a great review :)
      Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  2. This doesn't sound like a third book so I was surprised. I'm not sure I like the love interest but the mystery surrounding her origins is promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. I tried this series but had to put the first one aside for a while, I couldn't get into it. Ailsa loved them though!!

      Delete