Saturday 29 March 2014

The Ele Series by Rebecca Gober & Courtney Nuckels Promo and Guest Post!

The ELE Series

by Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels


Available Now Through: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBookStore and Smashwords

Millions have already died, and thousands more are perishing daily. As a last ditch effort to preserve the human race, the government implements Project ELE. With the earth heating at rapid speeds, all remaining survivors are forced to turn to F.E.M.A. shelters to wait out ELE's wrath.

Fifteen-year-old Willow Mosby's life, as she knows it, ends the moment she walks through the shelter's door. Willow has to quickly adapt to the new challenges that shelter life demands, which includes making new friends and working a full time job.

Soon after making an interesting discovery, Willow and her friends start exhibiting strange abilities. Seeking answers, they embark on a mission to find out what these new abilities mean and whether they are a gift or a curse.

This new adventure can send her world crashing down around her. The question is: Can Willow survive the fall?

From the best selling authors of Night Marchers comes a new apocalyptic series with a paranormal twist.


Excerpt from Project ELE:


When five o'clock rolls around I gladly hand my tablet over to Alec to download my delivery signatures. We are the last two in the office so I sit on top of his desk next to him as he finishes the last of his work. I watch him typing furiously on the keyboard. I don't pay attention to the words being entered on the screen, instead I take the time to study him in a way that you can't do when someone's looking at you. Well, at least not without totally creeping him out.

His hair is so dark that it nearly looks black on most days. Today, when I look at it just the right way I can see the deep brown and chestnut colors that stand out underneath the light. I also notice that his eyebrows furrow in and his eyes squint ever so slightly when he's concentrating. It's endearing.

I inch myself closer so I can see more of his eyes. The deep emerald green that he once had is now completely replaced with the most unique shade of navy blue that I've ever seen. It starts out dark, almost black around the outer part of his eye and then fades into a lighter, yet still navy shade of blue as it leads into his pupils. Both of his eyes are completely changed and I wonder why only one of mine has changed.

Alec turns and catches me staring. He doesn't say anything though. He shuts the computer off and stands up from his chair. He leans in to where I'm sitting on his desk and studies me.

"What are you doing?" I know I'm blushing and it's possible that I should feel self-conscious, but nothing about Alec's stare makes me feel unsure of myself. If anything the look that he's giving me makes me feel beautiful and more confident.

"I figured if you got to study me for an uninterrupted five minutes then I should get to do the same to you." He smiles.

"Oh, you saw that?" I push some of my hair behind my ear.

He nods his head but continues to appraise me.

My body feels warm and flush and the butterflies are dancing around again in my stomach. The silence is killing me so I decide to break it. "So, what exactly are you studying?"


"Hmm, an exquisite specimen really." He says in his best official scientific voice.

I crack a smile at his corniness.

"Yes, her teeth are perfectly white. Her unruly waves have a color that is quite unique, it reminds me of a mix between caramel and toasted coconut."

I giggle. "I'm sure it doesn't taste as good as either of those."

He pushes his hand through my hair and continues. "Her eyes are almond shaped and one is the most beautiful brown I've ever seen."

I put my hand up to my left eye knowing that it must look horrible and freakish.

He pulls my hand away and sets it gently on my lap. He pushes my bangs aside and says, "And the other one is the most amazing mixture of colors that she seems to think is odd but I think it's stunning." He kisses me on my cheek then finishes. "I will conclude my findings with one final appraising statement. Willow Mosby, you are the most breathtakingly beautiful creature that I've ever set eyes on." 


Where can readers check us out?

Blog: http://nightmarchersseries.blogspot.com/
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarchers
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/eleseries
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5308881.Rebecca_Gober
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5308882.Courtney_Nuckels
Twitter: MidniteBeckie and NuckelsC
http://www.eleseries.com
http://www.nightmarchersbook.com
Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpSSFWmJDNY

Guest Post!


Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels Talk Super Powers!

In our ELE Series many of the characters start developing super powers after a major apocalyptic event. These powers range from hearing thoughts, ability to compel someone, super strength, ability to walk through objects, ability to go invisible, and more! We've often been asked in interviews, which super power would we like to have if we could have any of them. Here's a list of the super powers we'd love to have:

1.      The ability to type 300 words per minute. Can you imagine how quickly we could write a book if this were possible?
2.      Well, if we were going to gain the above ability, we'd need to be able to think up 300 words a minute to make the typing speed worthwhile. So lets add, super speed creative brainpower. (Yes, we made that up. Can you imagine that super hero? They could take on every Pinterest craft project on their board while writing a book and simultaneously whipping up brand new inventions that could very well change the world as we know it.)  Craftzilla!
3.      The ability to have ten arms when we need them. Make that, ten go-go-gadget-arms that reach as far as we need them to. (Note that we would not like to have the ten arms all of the time. That would be awkward when going out in public and frankly, it would just make other women jealous, lol!) Anyway, ten arms would give us the ability to cook dinner for our husbands, help our kids with school work, give the dog a bath, write a book, work on Clean Teen Publishing stuff and beat each other's highest scores on Bejeweled all at once! Coupled with the speed brainpower, we will be unstoppable!
4.      The ability to devour 10,000 calories without it affecting our health or our figure. That's 20 chocolate truffles, 2 Red Bulls, a bag of Cheetos, a Texas sized steak (that's right y'all), a double stuffed fully loaded baked potato and a couple of pints of Haagen Dazs.
5.      Oh and the ability to bring World Peace. (That was our pageant girl answer.)


If you could have any super power, what power would you have? 

About Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels:


Rebecca and Courtney are downhome country girls powered by chocolate and other random late night cravings. Coined in southern twang they bring new meaning to the word y'all. BFI's since the 6th grade, with a knack for getting into sticky situations, has resulted in countless ideas to write about for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. I have Project ELE on my Kobo...in fact it was one of the first books I added so I need to make an effort and get it read soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on my kindle too and really need to read it soon :)

      Delete